Sunday, September 21, 2008

more of the clinical

postpartum really starts to feel like waitressing. i never thought i'd hear so much grumping about and tantrum throwing from grown women. harassing the nurses. and the nurses coming back to the nurses station and quietly ridicule the women. all around, really unbecoming for all parties. 

why can't postpartum be this really amazing, feminist, womyn loving space of praise for the sacred feminine? why can't we get on that groovy lady love train?
i am reminded of how deeply misogyny is ingrained in women. and what negative feelings women have toward other women, that can sometimes come through in subtle ways, but overall creates this environment of antagonism. Its hard, because I'm drawn to working with women, but put into it like this, i see myself start to play into this somewhat dysfunctional dance. its a longer story, i guess.  Maybe i'm just seeing the glass half empty right now. But today, I considered doing med/surg instead. No, who am I kidding. I'm still looking for the magic. Magic swoop down and claim me! Make it easy!

No comments: