Saturday, January 10, 2009

birthday blog

so, its so great when your sweetie takes off of work to spend you birthday with you. Jamie made me pancakes. and two tiny ones that he wrote a 3 and a 2 in nutella. So cute! Although, I have to be honest, this is the first birthday that i've really felt not excited about. 32 at the moment reminds me of all the things i still want to accomplish, and that maybe i AM getting older, and bye bye twenties (for real) and hello to my changing body. I dunno, I was sad about it last night. But today i'm seeing the stream of emails, text messages, and (haha) facebook comments wishing me a happy bday, and that feels fun, and like,  right! I should be happy. its my mofo bday!
we are having a rad masseur friend of ours come over later and she's giving us both massages. OH yea, i can hardly wait. Then maybe cuban restaurant for dinner. yum. Maybe 32 wont be so bad. maybe it will rock

2 comments:

Paula said...

32!!? You've got to be kidding me. When we first started talking I think you were still 29. I could be wrong about that but I feel pretty sure. Has it been that long? I guess maybe, because I wasn't a mommy yet, and Ray will be two in April. Yikes. Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIRL!!

jill said...

i know, we are becoming old friends without ever having met! thanks for the birthday wishes!