Saturday, December 13, 2008

albany

today, jamie and i are going up to albany to my cousin Rebecca's house. We are celebrating the nearing birth of her first child. Fun! she has a name picked out (Leila Soraya) so pretty!
However, we did go party a little last night, and i'm feeling a bit pooped and hungover. oh well. Its the season of parties. I'm wondering if we should throw a solstice party... Last year we did, and a friend and I baked a bunch of challah. it was my first bread baking endeavor. i'd like to do it again. trying to create traditions and maintaining continuity is challenging. 
did anyone see the moon last night? apparantly its the largest full moon we've had in 15 (?) years. it was striking. check it out tonight if you can.

5 comments:

Paula said...

Albany! You're getting closer -we must plan for a visit one day.

jill said...

I would LOVE to come visit! just tell me when! I've never been to your neck of the woods and I hear its just beautiful.

Paula said...

Well, in that case how about right after Christmas? I don't know what school schedules are like for you, but if you're down for freezing your butts off you're more than welcome any time.

jill said...

YAY! Well, maybe February? I gotta bank some cash before taking anymore excursions. Lets email and make a date!

Paula said...

YAY!