Wednesday, October 22, 2008

the rest of my week!

So, tonight Jamie and I leave for D.C.  I am going to this conference, which I'm pretty excited about. Its about healthcare justice and is for clinicians, there will be radical midwives, physicians and nurses who work towards immigrant rights and access to healthcare, some lgbt health work (though, no t, which is always discouraging), native american health. etc. I got a scholarship too for 2 nights at the conference hotel (schmancy hilton!) so Jamie and I are making a little lovecation out of it. Booyah!
He's excited to see his DC friends, some guys he grew up with. Peter is an animal rights lawyer, and his partner Doron owns and runs a vegan bakery in town. We haven't seen them in over a year, and they're really adorable. 
In other news, I've been wedding planning. We've got the date narrowed down to next September, location Boulder Colorado. It only seems appropriate. The shits expensive though. and trying to keep it small is challenging. yikes. Anyhoo, i'm on the market for a dress that has many layers of tulle that spring out in a tutu fashion and is some shade of bright pink. with maybe some peices of the natural world woven into the fabric. Where can I find me such a dress? I need a postmodern seamstress perhaps....


2 comments:

Paula said...

Hi there! You've been tagged on my blog, so come on over for the rules if you like.

hannah said...

Jill! Have you given up on your blogging career? More, more, more - I miss you!