Thursday, October 16, 2008

dreams

I had a dream last night, or more accurately, early this morning. In my dream I was traveling through this town of open doors and empty houses. I went inside one house after another, never seeing anyone. then i went into this house that looked a bit like the suburban homes of the playmates i had as a youngster. There was an older woman there that I understood to be a spirit (ghost). She led me to a wall that had encased within it 5 brooms. They all had  handles made from tree branches, that were long and knobby, but smoothed and lacquered. The bristles at the base were made of  long lavender stems with purple lavender flowers at the tips. They were beautiful and fragrant, and I certainly didn't understand the purpose of the gift. She instructed me to take one, make it mine and enchant it. So i climbed atop of it, and attempted to make it fly. I'm not sure if i actually did, but i spent a long time 'enchanting' it. The whole experience felt really powerful. It was the type of dream that won't let you wake, and when you do you feel like you went to another planet. wait, where am i? where is my magic lavender broom? Perhaps it is halloween creeping up on my unconscious mind.