Sunday, August 17, 2008

the old injury

so, i was in a car crash last summer. and i really hurt my neck. its been feeling a lot better for awhile (after thousands of $ in chiropractor bills, etc) and felt like i really got my functional body back.
then i don't know what happened, the injury has been re-triggered and its like I'm back at square one. Oh, the mystery of soft tissue injury. The pain is extreme when i try to turn my head to either side. Yet i'm kinda in denial b/c i'm still doing all my daily activities. Actually I cried last night it hurt so bad & b/c i was so angry about it. I'm just really fed up that it won't heal and be done with.  Anyhoo. i'm icing it. taking advil. doing the reiki. about to ben gay it. whatever!
I'm supposed to go down the shore today, to spend time with the fam in Ship Bottom nJ. My little sister wants to go sea kayaking together. This was actually one of my summer goals, to go kayaking. and i'm poo pooing everything that i can't . well, i am going to go though. I have a self pitying plan to lie on the rental couch, fuss and grit my teeth & cry to my momma. If there is some sort of life lesson i'm supposed to be learning from this nonsensical long ass healing (not-healing) process, i wish it would just present itself in a more straightforward fashion and lets be done with it. Universe, this is bullshit!
 

1 comment:

Paula said...

Awww!! I'm sorry -I hope you feel better.